EFT Core Skills Training
On-Line (Calgary, Alberta)
February 18th & 19th, 2021
March 18th & 19th, 2021
April 15th & 16th 2021
May 6th & 7th, 2021
10:00 am to 5:30 pm Mountain Time on each day
Presenter: Veronica Kallos-Lilly, Ph.D., R.Psych.
Core Skills Advanced Training is an opportunity to deepen your understanding of EFT theory and translate it into more effective and deliberate interventions with your couples.
If you’ve completed the EFT Externship and are interested in strengthening the core skills essential for the practice of EFT, you can attend the Core Skills training. It consists of four, two-day training sessions (6.5 hours per day) that will focus on the core skills of each of the EFT steps/stages. The hours can be applied toward EFT certification.
In this small group experience, participants will have the opportunity to share their work throughout the training, with the focus on developing a deeper clinical understanding of the EFT model and the related skills. Through observing and discussing the work of the facilitators and group members, and with the use of role plays, the three stages and nine steps are covered in detail. The learning environment is intimate, supportive and designed to help you maximize your effectiveness as an EFT therapist.
You will learn to:
- Use an attachment framework.
- Track and deepen emotion in the here and now.
- Create bonding events.
- Practice the interventions that create change in EFT.
Each session includes:
- Instruction and structured discussion.
- Demonstration through video examples, and role plays.
- Discussion of cases relevant to the focus of the weekend.
- Role play practice of essential skills.
- Case consultations using participant session videos.
Course Outline by Session
Session 1: Stage 1, Cycle De-escalation
- Step 1: Creating an alliance and delineating conflict issues in the core attachment struggle.
Assessment of contraindications and case conceptualization.
- Step 2: Identifying the negative interaction cycle where conflict issues are expressed.
Session 2: Stage 1 continued
- Step 3: Accessing the unacknowledged emotions underlying the interactional positions.
Macro intervention of the EFT Tango and Stage 1 Engaged Encounters.
- Step 4: Reframing the problem in terms of underlying emotions and attachment needs.
Session 3: Stage 2, Changing Interactional Positions, Withdrawer Re-engagement
- Step 5: Promoting identification with disowned attachment emotions, needs, and aspects of self, and integrating these into relationship interactions.
- Step 6: Facilitating acceptance of the partner’s experience and new interactional responses.
- Step 7: Facilitating the expression of needs and wants; creating emotional engagement and bonding events that redefine the attachment between partners.
Session 4: Stage 2, Pursuer Softening & Stage 3, Consolidation and Integration
- Steps 5 – 7: For the pursuing partner.
- Step 8: Facilitating the emergence of new solutions to old relationship problems.
- Step 9: Consolidating new positions and new cycles of attachment behaviours.
* Minimum Requirement:
- Completion of a 4-day EFT Externship.
- Participants must be licensed therapists or license-eligible psychotherapy interns or otherwise legally allowed to practice as mental health professionals.
- A commitment to all four sessions is required when you register in order to guarantee group cohesion and safety.
- Attend each session in its entirety.
- Participants are required to present a video for case consultation in order for the training to apply towards EFT certification.
Reserve your Spot Today
Registration Limited to 12 participants
About the Presenter
This training will be taught by Veronica Kallos-Lilly, Ph.D., R.Psych. Veronica is a certified EFT Trainer and Supervisor who has studied, practised, and trained therapists extensively both locally and internationally. She was first exposed to EFT as a graduate student at the University of Ottawa studying directly with Sue Johnson in the early 1990’s.
Passionate about growing and expanding EFT on the west coast, Veronica conducted the first EFT training in Vancouver in 2000. Interest in EFT has flourished in the Pacific North West since that time. Veronica co-founded the Vancouver Couple and Family Institute (VCFI) and Centre for EFT Training in 2005, and is currently one of its Directors. VCFI has since earned an international reputation for providing exceptional clinical service, training and consultation to therapists. As a Clinical Associate at Simon Fraser University, Veronica also shares her knowledge supervising clinical psychology graduate students.
As a Certified EFT Trainer with over 20 years of experience presenting in a variety of contexts, Veronica is widely sought after to train and consult with therapists in Canada, the United States and Australia. She is also excited about the 2015 release of her first book, co-authored with Dr. Jennifer Fitzgerald: “An Emotionally Focused Workbook for Couples: The Two of Us”.
Known for her warm interpersonal style, workshop participants appreciate Veronica’s clinical expertise and authenticity as she walks you through the EFT road-map. As a participant commented at the end of the 2014 Edmonton Externship, “Veronica has a lovely, joyful, safe presence which enhanced my learning experience. She clearly embodies secure attachment and I appreciated the congruence in her teaching and being.” Veronica is excited to share her passion for EFT as she engages your mind and your emotions in learning this powerful model that transforms lives.