Reaching & Responding From the Heart: Delving Deeper in Stage 2 of EFT
Pre-requisite: EFT Externship (4 day workshop completed in person)
- Schedule: Nov. 1st & 2nd, 2018
- 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Cost: $450.00 (early bird registration before Sept. 17h, 2018)
- $495.00 (regular rate after Sept. 17th, 2018)
- Workshop is limited to 17 participants.
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
- Presenter: Veronica Kallos-Lilly, Ph.D., R.Psych.
- Certified EFT Supervisor and Trainer
Do you sometimes struggle to keep the therapeutic process of Stage 2 focused and on track?
Do you ever find yourself wondering, “Have I gone ‘deep enough’ in Stage Two?”
Are you ever curious how your own attachment wounds might “show up” in your Stage 2 work with clients?
Stage 2 is a powerfully transformative part of the EFT model in which couples shift their insecure dance into a secure attachment bond. It is vulnerable and tender, touching the hearts of couples and therapists alike.
We see beautiful bonding moments on the training tapes. But somehow in practice it seems more difficult than it looks, to navigate the two change events of withdrawer engagement and pursuer softening. You are not alone if you feel lost and discouraged at times.
Throughout this workshop, we will be watching video clips, engaging in skills building exercises, and exploring how to remain emotionally present and curious when encountering road blocks along the way.
Together we will create a safe and mutually supportive atmosphere in which you can engage, take risks, and grow professionally. We invite you to join us on this profound and enriching journey.
We will include time for some participants to present and receive feedback on their stage 2 cases.
Learning Goals and Objectives
Following this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Delineate the key steps of the withdrawer engagement and pursuer softening process so that you become familiar with the terrain and increase your confidence in guiding your clients
- Discover how to delve deeply into the emotional world of pursuers and withdrawers and tailor your interventions differently to their unique fears and vulnerabilities
- Explore some of your own blocks that can emerge in this intensely emotional work
About the Presenter:
Veronica Kallos-Lilly, Ph.D., R.Psych. Veronica is a certified EFT Trainer and Supervisor who has studied, practiced, and trained therapists extensively both locally and internationally.
As a Certified EFT Trainer with 20 years of experience presenting in a variety of contexts, Veronica is widely sought after to train and consult with therapists in Canada, the United States and Australia. She is also the author of the book “An Emotionally Focused Workbook for Couples: The Two of Us”.
Known for her warm interpersonal style, workshop participants appreciate Veronica’s clinical expertise and authenticity as she shares the model with you. Veronica is excited to share her passion for EFT with you and hopes to engage your mind and your emotions as you learn this powerful approach to transforming lives.
What previous participants have said about Veronica’s training:
“It was a life and career changing experience—It helped me solidify future career plans for myself. I cannot thank you enough” (Calgary 4-day Externship participant, training provided by Veronica Kallos-Lilly and Leanne Campbell, November 2013).
“This is the best training I have received in 35 years of clinical practice and attending workshops” (Brisbane participant from Veronica’s 2010 Australian teaching tour)