The 10 Best-Ever Anxiety Management Techniques
Date: March 17th, 2017
9:00 am – 4:30 pm
Location: Holiday Inn South
4206 MacLeod Trail,
Presenter: Margaret Wehrenberg, Psy.D.
Are you a therapist looking to expand your therapeutic techniques?
Anxiety is a normal human emotion but it can run out of control and become ruminative worry that ruins the capacity for joy. Panic can fill people with terror and put them on the alert to avert any possible chance of an attack. Social fears keep people from fulfilling their potential and from fully participating in life. These three major categories of anxiety are life changing — and they can be changed! People can learn to control their symptoms to become free from their debilitating effects. By using the brain to change an anxious brain, the causes of anxiety are modified and even eliminated for full recovery.
In this workshop, participants will learn 10 methods that will help clients calm their minds and diminish physical, cognitive, and behavioral symptoms of anxiety. Dr. Wehrenberg will present methods that really work to eliminate panic, generalized anxiety, and social anxiety disorder. Addressing the physiology, cognition, and behavioral signs of anxiety, she will show you how to help your clients take control of their anxiety. Participants will leave this workshop ready to apply effective methods to provide prompt, effective relief of symptoms.
You will learn:
- Anxiety management techniques suited to children and well as adults and useful in every clinical population.
- What the science of memory consolidation teaches about resolving panic or social anxiety and how to create effective treatment based on it.
- How to identify panic triggers and desensitize them to avert panic attacks.
- Specific powerful techniques to stop the rumination of the worried brain that marks generalized anxiety disorder.
- Effective ways to deal with perfectionism and excessive activity that hallmark generalized anxiety disorder in highly active people.
- How to apply principles of defeating fear and making positive change for people with social anxiety disorder.
About the Presenter:
Margaret Wehrenberg, Psy.D., is a licensed clinical psychologist with a clinical practice is in Naperville, IL. She is the author of 8 books on testing anxiety and depression, including the best-selling The 10 Best-Ever Anxiety Management Techniques (and its accompanying workbook). Her most recent book intended for the therapists is public is Tough to Treat Anxiety (2017). She is a frequent contributor to the award-winning Psychotherapy Networker magazine. She blogs for Psychology Today, and speaks internationally on topics of clinical psychotherapy. She is noted for her down-to-earth, pragmatic teaching style.
For more information about the presenter, please visit: www.margaretwehrenberg.com
or on Facebook, search for: Dr. Margaret Wehrenberg
or follow her on Twitter at: @drpegwehrenberg